- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Germanic Studies double major, Indiana University, 1995
- Juris Doctor, University of San Diego School of Law, 2001
- Attorney at Law, State Bar of California, 2001
- Certified Specialist – Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Trained in collaborative divorce.
- General, advanced, and divorce-specific mediation training, with over half specific to Family Law Mediation.
Memberships & Honors
A thought leader in the Collaborative movement, Shawn Weber served on the Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego Board from 2005 to 2012 and served as its President in 2009. He is also a member the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Mr. Weber currently serves as President of Collaborative Practice California (CP Cal), a California statewide organization dedicated to the promotion of Collaborative Practice throughout California.
In 2015, he won the prestigious Eureka Award for his service to the Collaborative movement. CP Cal awards The Eureka Award in recognition of those who “have made significant contributions and demonstrated an abiding dedication to establishing and sustaining Collaborative Practice in California.”
For Shawn, your divorce is a human experience, not just a legal process.
Using good-natured humor and his empathic gifts, he is a master mediator and negotiator at creating a calm and safe environment. He starts with having you answer HOW you want to divorce, because it is almost as important as deciding WHETHER to divorce.
Shawn is not your everyday family law attorney, because of his extensive conflict management skills that reduce conflict in all areas of divorce relationships. He also has a:
- Profound ability to read people and get into the world you are experiencing to uncover the necessary clarity in your divorce relationship dynamic;
- Longer range perspective seeking long-term solutions for maximum benefit now and after divorce, taking a more holistic approach, instead of quick fixes to get through the immediate legal step;
- Commitment to telling you what you need to hear and not necessarily what you want to hear;
- Grounded stance in the reality of what you will get and what you won’t get.
In addition, Shawn understands that family law disputes often invoke the most primal of human emotions, so he coaches you on how to navigate the constantly changing currents of family law. Applying his Dolphin Lawyering philosophy, Shawn takes a holistic approach and analogizes the lawyer to a dolphin instead of the more popular stereotype of a shark.
Shawn has a different style of advocacy! He understands that family law disputes often invoke the most primal of human emotions, so he coaches clients on how to navigate the constantly changing currents of family law. Not your everyday attorney, Shawn has worked exclusively in family law for more than 16 years using Dolphin Lawyering with great success in the areas of:
- Collaborative Practice
- Negotiated Settlements
- Family Law Agreements
Contact Shawn today if you are looking for a holistic approach that reveals hidden options for settlement, preserves the long-term interests of the family and empowers you.