- University of Keele, England, B.A. (Honors)
- College for Financial Planning, Denver, CO, CFP Professional Education Program
- Certified Financial Planner Practitioner
- Budgeting, Evaluation of Risk, Investments, Taxes, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Planning and Evaluation of Divorce Settlements from Financial and Tax Aspects
Membership & Honors
- Founder and Lead Financial Divorce Consultant, Pacific Divorce Management
- Trained Mediator
- Over 37 Years in Financial Services Industry
- Over 20 Years Specializing in Divorce
- Recipient of CP Cal Eureka Award for dedication to the Collaborative Community
- Formerly Portfolio Manager with Major Wall Street Firm
- Founding Partner, Pacific Wealth Management, LLC.
- Former Treasurer International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Served as President, Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego twice
- Financial Trainer, Collaborative Divorce Training Team
- Former Board Member, Financial Planning Association – San Diego Chaptery
- Former Regional Director, Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts
Mark has been involved in the financial services industry in an advisory capacity since 1983. He is both a Certified Financial Planner practitioner and a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. Previously he was founder and Managing Director of Pacific Wealth Management, LLC, a San Diego-based investment management consulting and financial planning company.
As a financial planner, Mark’s business routinely involved assisting clients with issues related to budgeting, risk evaluation, investments, taxes, retirement planning and estate planning. Mark started specializing in the field of divorce as a result of his personal frustration of how poorly money issues were addressed in his own divorce. Experience with watching several of his financial planning clients endure the same process led him to become one of the earliest practitioners in the country to specialize in this critically important area. He later become a leader in the fast-growing area of Alternative Dispute Resolution in divorce and helped define and establish the role of the Financial Neutral. Mark brings a unique combination of business, financial and relational expertise to the divorce process.
Mark holds an honors degree from the University of Keele, England, is a graduate of the College for Financial Planning and commands an attentive ear when speaking to legal and financial practice groups that are involved in the “Financial Divorce”. He has been interviewed by publications such as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, The Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times. He is very proud of the fact that he was involved with the training of hundreds of lawyers, financial and mental health professionals across north America in this game-changing Alternative Dispute Resolution approach to divorce. In 2006, Mark was honored to receive Collaborative Practice California’s (CP Cal) Eureka Award for his contribution to the Collaborative movement in California.