I am a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner with over thirty years of experience providing financial counseling and analysis.
In addition to having a strong technical background, I am especially proud that clients often describe two of my greatest strengths as being:
- Able to take complex financial issues and explain them in plain English that people find easy to understand, and
- Being a good listener.
I believe the combination above explains why I am so often called on to work with families going through transitions in their life such as divorce.
My comprehensive background includes having been trained in tax planning with KPMG LLP, in insurance with CIGNA, in banking with The Citigroup Private Bank and Northern Trust, and in investments with Dean Witter Reynolds (now Morgan Stanley). Prior to becoming a personal financial planner, I worked in economic research and corporate financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Brandeis University
- Master’s degree (MBA) in finance and planning, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst(CDFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC),
- Professional designation in Personal Financial Planning (PFP), UCLA
- Completed Interdisciplinary Collaborative Divorce Training
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Collaborative Practice San Diego
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Financial Planning Association
- North County Estate Planning Council
- Board of Directors, MIT Club of San Diego (current)
- Board of Directors, MIT Sloan Club of San Diego (current)
- Treasurer and Vice President of Early Childhood Education for local temple
- Board of Directors, Ventura County Chapter, International Association of Financial Planners
- Board of Directors, Ventura County Estate Planning Council